About this Site » Technical Tips
We've done our best to ensure that the activities and pages that make up this site are easily accessible. Still, you may find that you have difficulty from time to time. Here are some helpful hints that may reduce your chances of the occasional technical hiccup:
- Computers will need Macromedia Flash Version 6 or higher to use the Missions on this site. If your computer does not have the Flash player plug-in, please visit Macromedia's website to download it.
- Preview the site with hardware and software that your students will be using.
- When you open a “mission” you may wonder why, on some computers, it opens full-screen and on others, the picture is smaller. It all has to do with how fast your computer is. Faster processors will get a large screen and slower processors will get a smaller screen so that the animation plays more smoothly.
- Share our site's URL — http://villainyinc.thinkport.org — and this page with your local network administrator. These folks can provide support in terms of the best place to use the site with students in your school. They can also troubleshoot firewall, filter, or other technical issues that may make access to the site difficult.
- Set your monitor resolution to at least 800 x 600 pixels for best results.
- Be sure to maximize your browser window. Depending on your computer's speed, the missions may resize to fit the entire browser window.
- See the Teacher Tips under either Mission 1 (The Golf of Mexico) or Mission 2 (Drive-Thru Deceit) in the Classroom Resources section for more specific information about Missions and Activities.
- To view and print some documents on this site (including Mission Worksheets and Scripts), you'll need Adobe Acrobat 6.0 or higher. If your computer does not have Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, please visit Adobe's website to download the plug-in.
Please contact us if you have persistent technical troubles with the site.
« Back to top